Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tomorrows the day

Tomorrow Aug.2, 2006 marks our 20th anniversary. Hard to believe that a guy that hardly ever looked for a girlfriend has been married this long. Hard to believe Lynnette was looking for a guy like me. For those that don't know Lynnette was keen on the marriage idea well before I was, in fact we broke up once over my hesitation to "take the walk down the isle". Dating just two years didn't seem long enough, we were having so much fun. Although she told me marriage would be fun too, I kinda felt there was a lot of work to it . It was during that break up that I decided I couldn't do with out her and while my proposal wasn't one for the movies it was scincere, and here we are 20 years later. Go figure. Oh, we were both right. It has been fun but it has been work too, and usually the fun had been worth the work!

So tomorrow morning we are headed up the coast for a few days on the Harleys. The central California coast is some primo riding and our final destination is Big Sur. I am looking foreword to stopping at the Cold Springs Tavern, Old Cayucos Tavern, & The Union Hotel and Saloon. If you see a pattern in these sites all I can say is "oh well". Well I hope to have a bunch of memories and pictures to share on the old blog when I get back.

My funk that was so much a part of my last entry is a thing of the past and as I suspected a large part of it was doing a little bit of life with friends. Sunday I rode with some of the bros from Bikers for Christ, (no need for the link you've seen it before), to Sunday service at Friendship Baptist Church, http://www.thefriendshipchurch.org/ . This was a real treat for me getting to worship with some bros that I won't see until they get back from Sturgis http://www.sturgis.com/ , but also to worship with a primarily black Baptist congregation! Worship was great and the Spirit was everywhere, although there wasn't as much dancing in the isles as in The Blues Brothers.

A pictorial tribute to Jake & Elwood Blues







Found an article on line about a dude that converted a 1994 Saturn automobile worth about $2000 into an electric powered vehicle at a cost of about $9000 just to save about $30 a month in gas. Maybe I am not a visionary but I just don't see it. Doesn't that figure out to about 25 years for the payback? http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16987713&BRD=1719&PAG=461&dept_id=25271&rfi=6 .

What are you doing Sunday mornings between 6 and 9 AM ? Try listening to KFI 640 AM to "The Jesus Christ Show" http://www.kfi640.com/pages/JesusChrist.html?feed=128001&article=444961 . To some it is blasphemous I am sure, but it seems to me the "holy host" is doing a good job of trying to bring outsiders back in.

Well that's all for now. Hope it makes sence to you 'cause right now it makes sence to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home