Friday, July 14, 2006

Did ya miss me?

Hey I am back again! Thanks to Mike Devris and my brother Nelson I am back at the blogger keyboard, Hope It's worth your while.

Since we last visited a warm spring has turned into a HOT summer. I swear at times it's been hotter that the bottom of the devils sneakers at high noon in hell, thats hot I don't care who you are!

Wednesday night Harlen, (with his newly broken foot to match the broken wrist), and I went to Azusa Pacific University to see Leo Reid and a bunch of friends that have escaped So. Cal. to spread the Kingdom in the wilds of Idaho. They are back here for the APU Youth Leadership Conference http://www.yliapu.org/ . Good to see the Dugals and the extended family.

SWEET SUFFER'IN KNUCKLEHEADS. Did ya read about the lady in Oregon that wanted to meet the super hunky cop that showed up down the street on some sort of call? Seems she didn't get to meet him while he was down the street, and couldn't think of a way to meet him other than calling 911 so thats what she did. http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-911-love,0,4524525.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines . She got her chance when dispatchers sent the unidentified super hunk to her house to arrest her for misusing the 911 system. No word on if the arrest has blossomed into a dreamy date.

Today is my daughter Sierra's birthday. Happy B-Day.

I was reading the Bible today, (I never know if I should capitalize the in the Bible). It constantly amazes me when I have questions, doubts, insecurities etc and I just open it up and there is what I need right there in my New Living Translation. You see I've been dwelling on my trust in this whole God thing. I've Never seen Him, and sometimes that really bugs me. I think I've heard from him, but it's always been in a non verbal fashion, and I do best with verbal communication, although I do OK with written instructions too, (see honey do list) . Then I realize He communicates with me when I read Scripture. This is what I read today,
" You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.
This salvation was something the prophets wanted to know more about. They prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you, even though they had many questions as to what it all could mean. They wondered what the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward. They wondered when and to whom all this would happen. 1 Peter 1:8-11.
I guess I just need reassurance.



While I am on the topic of God check out how awesome he is, lightning and a rainbow at the same time. All I can say is WOW. I am glad I can marvel in this, other wise I would figure this was the final light show all my old stoner friends were waiting for.

Well thats all for now. Hope it makes scense to you, 'cause right now it makes scense to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home