Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sad & Happy

I just got some very sad news. My old neighbor Jack called to let me know his wife Liz passed away Sunday. Liz had been fighting cancer a little over five years and was about my age 47. She leaves a husband and a 14 year old son, as well as her mother and sisters. I am sorry Lynnette won't be able to chat with her over glasses of wine again. I am sorry we won't be able to share another back yard BBQ or birthday celebration, or any part of life with her.
Why God?

About an hour later I got another call, this one from an old friend named Fuzz. He was calling to let me know his wife, also named Liz had given birth yesterday to their first child. Fuzz was totally stoked and who could blame him
Thank you God.

Our time here is short and there is sooooooo much I don't understand.
Help me God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home